The World Ranking is a list of players/pairs in order of strength. There is one list for each of the five Badminton disciplines – men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles.
Key facts about the World Ranking System are below. For full details of the World Ranking System are describe in the BWF Statutes.
Players / pairs
- win ranking points by playing in tournaments that are graded
- are ranked if they have played in two or more graded tournaments in the last 12 months
- win ranking points by playing in and winning matches in tournaments
- the higher the level of tournament, the more points are won
- the further reached in a competition, the more points are won
- can be seeded based on their World Ranking
- can qualify for the Olympic Games and the World Champion
- ships based on their World Ranking
Events Included in the World Ranking
The Rankings are compiled from the results of events that are sanctioned by the BWF (except Junior and Invitational events) held over the last 52 week period. The Current World Rankings are published on a Thursday every week on the BWF website.
World Ranking Points Table
* At the Olympic Games 3rd place will receive 9200 points. Fourth place will receive 8400 points.